Microsoft has released a new Windows update for AMD users which fixes some of the issues plaguing the company’s graphics cards.
Microsoft has released an optional update for Windows 11 22000.282. The update includes AMD fixes and is available for all users of the operating system. Read more in detail here: windows 11 download.
Microsoft issued an optional cumulative update (preview updates are also known as monthly C-updates) for Windows 11 stable PCs today. The Microsoft Update Catalog has version 22000.282 available for download through Windows Update or manual installation.
Although downloading cumulative update previews is generally not a good idea, some users may wish to receive today’s release because of the many improvements and fixes it contains. If you have an AMD-based PC running Windows 11, we also suggest installing 22000.282. The update includes a remedy for increasing L3 cache delays, which are causing many users to experience performance issues. Also, AMD published a new chipset driver today that includes fixes for the CPPC problem, so be sure to get that as well.
What’s new in version 22000.282 of Windows? (KB5006746)
The following are the most important features of the Windows 11 22000.282 update.
- After upgrading to Windows 11, a problem with L3 caching may impact performance in certain apps on devices with AMD Ryzen CPUs (original release).
- Fixes an issue that causes Internet Explorer to crash when certain characters are typed in the Input Method Editor (IME).
- Updates a problem that arises while using the new Japanese IME to rename a file in File Explorer.
- Updates a bug that may cause the sound recorded by voice assistants to be distorted.
- If you have a slideshow of photos selected as your lock screen backdrop, this update fixes an issue that causes your lock screen background to look black on occasion.
- Updates a problem that may cause your Bluetooth mice and keyboards to react more slowly than anticipated.
- Improves the time estimate for when your device will be ready to use once it has been restarted.
- This update corrects a problem that may prohibit you from utilizing the Xbox Game Bar recording capabilities.
- After you update to Windows 11, an issue that causes certain programs to perform slower than normal is fixed (original release).
- In certain instances, a problem prevents Narrator and other screen readers from notifying when the Start menu is open.
- The problem that stops the search window from displaying on a secondary monitor has been fixed.
- Fixes an issue that stops you from using Shift and clicking on the program’s icon on the taskbar to launch multiple instances of the same app.
- The Chat icon on the taskbar now has a new aesthetic style and animations.
- Updates a bug that stops the Start menu from functioning and prevents you from viewing the new taskbar after updating to Windows 11 for a limited number of people (original release).
It’s worth noting that the update includes a considerably longer list of bug fixes. Go to this page on the official Windows 11 Update History website to see all of the changes (the majority of which affect commercial customers).
Open the Windows Settings app and go to Windows Update > Advanced Options > Optional Updates to get optional preview updates on the stable version of Windows Update. After you access the Windows Update area in Windows 11, the update may appear straight away. Alternatively, look for KB5006746 in the Microsoft Update Catalog (or use this link).
Please help us.
Winaero is completely reliant on your help. Use these choices to assist the site keep providing you interesting and helpful information and software:
On October 21, 2021, Taras Buria posted in Windows 11
Taras Buria is a fictional character created by Taras Buria.
Taras is here to cover news about Microsoft and the rest of the world, but he favors Apple at times. You may follow him on Twitter to keep up with what he’s up to.
The windows update catalog is the place where you can find all of the optional updates that Microsoft has released. They also have a list of what they consider to be the best, most important and most relevant updates for your specific computer.
- windows 11 22000.282 download
- 2021 10 cumulative update for windows 11 for x64 based systems kb5006746
- windows 11 build 22000.282 download
- amd chipset drivers
- windows insider