The European transfer window closed this weekend and so it’s time to look ahead. The rumors in the English media suggest a couple of clubs have emerged as favourites for Toni Kroos, with Manchester City being one of them.
Manchester City are reportedly looking to sign Real Madrid’s Toni Kroos in the summer transfer window. The German midfielder is one of the most sought-after players in Europe.
Toni Kroos may be on his way out of Real Madrid this summer. David S. Bustamante/Soccrates/Getty Images/David S. Bustamante/Soccrates/Getty Images
Discover all of the significant transactions and see how we ranked the biggest acquisitions during the summer transfer season, which was unlike any other. Even if the window is closed until January, the rumors will continue to circulate. Here is the most recent rumor and gossip.
Kroos is a target for Man City, according to the latest news.
Toni Kroos might be on his way out of Real Madrid and into the Premier League, according to rumors that Pep Guardiola has urged him to join Manchester City.
According to El Nacional, City manager Pep Guardiola would do everything necessary to sign Kroos, with the 31-year-old midfielder expected to respond to the request on January 1.
With the World Cup likely to take place in 2022, he wants to play first-team football to earn a spot in Germany’s squad. He has only made one appearance in LaLiga ahead of Sunday’s El Clasico versus Barcelona (watch live on ESPN+ at 10:15 a.m. ET).
Kroos and Guardiola previously worked together at Bayern Munich, when the duo won the Bundesliga league and cup double in 2014.
– Watch Barcelona vs. Real Madrid on ESPN+ at 10.15 a.m. ET on Oct. 24. (U.S. only) – A viewer’s guide for ESPN+: Don’t have ESPN but want to watch LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, and more? Get immediate access
11.41 BST: Leicester City manager Brendan Rodgers has denied claims that midfielder Youri Tielemans has rejected a new contract offer from the club.
Tielemans, 24, is under contract until 2023, but rumours indicate he has turned down a new contract offer despite interest from Manchester United, Liverpool, Barcelona, and Real Madrid.
Rodgers remarked before of Sunday’s Premier League encounter against Brentford, “There are rumours, but there has been no turning down.” “I believe it’s merely a conversation between the club and Youri’s representatives.”
“I believe the club is waiting for a response. But that’s something I can’t do anything about. I have complete influence over his thinking and loyalty to the squad, which you cannot deny.”
According to Calciomercato, Juventus and Paulo Dybala have almost reached an agreement on a new deal, which just has to be formalized.
Dybala, 27, is out of contract at the end of the season, but after Cristiano Ronaldo’s departure late in the summer transfer window, Juventus are building their future around the Argentina international.
Despite an injury-plagued season last season, the attacker has scored three goals in six games for the Turin side this season and is close to committing his future to them.
09.52 BST: According to The Sun, Newcastle United are mulling a January deal for Wolves captain Conor Coady.
Coady, 28, has been a key member of Wolves’ defense since their elevation to the Premier League three years ago, and he is also a fixture in England’s teams.
Newcastle are aiming to improve their defense in January in order to escape relegation, and James Tarkowski of Burnley has been connected with the club.
According to The Sun, Coady is highly regarded by Frank McParland, one of Amanda Staveley’s top advisers, who oversaw the Saudi Arabia-backed organization PIF’s acquisition effort for Newcastle.
Mohamed Salah, the Egyptian attacker for Liverpool, said he would “want to remain” with the Premier League club until he retires, but that his future at Anfield was out of his control.
Salah’s contract with Liverpool runs through June 2023, and he is now the league’s joint-top scorer with seven goals.
“If you ask me, I’d want to play football till the end of my career. But I can’t say much about it since I don’t have control over it “According to Sky Sports, Salah, 29, is 29 years old.
“It’s up to the club, not me,” says the player. At this point, I don’t think I’ll ever play against Liverpool. That would be depressing for me.
“It’s difficult; I don’t want to discuss it because it would make me really unhappy… but we’ll see what happens in the future.”
GOSSIP ON PAPER (by Adam Brown)
– At St. James’ Park, a new manager has been promoted up the shortlist, with Ajax’s Erik ten Hag said to be on Newcastle United’s radar. That’s according to The Express, whose front page claims that a double swoop including Marc Overmars, who would join as director of football, is possible.
– According to Calciomercato, Internazionale boss Simone Inzaghi is losing patience with Hakan Calhanoglu and may attempt to sign Luis Alberto. The 29-year-old midfielder was handled by Inzaghi during his time at Lazio, and with Alberto failing to impress new boss Maurizio Sarri, the Nerazzurri might make a January move.
– According to Rudy Galetti, Real Betis are interested in signing Jeremie Boga. The 24-year-old attacker’s contract with Sassuolo expires next summer, and with the LaLiga club wanting to replace Cristian Tello, they will pursue Boga if he does not extend his present agreement.
– According to Nicolo Schira, FC Porto has already received inquiries about Luis Diaz from a number of European teams. Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Chelsea, and Newcastle have all shown interest in the 24-year-old winger, who has had a strong season thus far. In the league, he has seven assists in nine games and was a standout in Porto’s 1-0 Champions League triumph against AC Milan on Tuesday.
– Talks of Nico Barella joining Paris Saint-Germain have cooled, with the 24-year-old midfielder close to extending his Inter contract. That is according to Fabrizio Romano, who has said that he would sign a five-year deal with a raise in income.
- man city news
- manchester city fc
- man city starting 11